Install a printer to my computer
How to setup and install a computer printer using USB cable and port-
A computer printer does not work until you install the included drivers and software. If you have lost the CD for your printer, you can download the drivers for your printer and use the drivers to install your printer.
So in order to install the printer on your device the very first step needed is to connect the printer with the computer. Connect the printer to the computer either using a USB cable, parallel port cable, or SCSI cable and then connect the power plug to a power outlet.
Now Setup printer and install software- so in order to let printer work on your computer you need to install it first by following these respective points step by step-
- After connecting the printer to your computer and with the power on, open the Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel go to hardware and sound –now click on Devices and printers ,next double-click on the Printers and Fax icon.
- In the Printers window, click the Add a printer icon.
- After completing the above steps, you should see the Windows Printer Wizard. Click Next to start the wizard.
- Next, you have the choice of installing a Local or Network printer. If the printer is connected to your computer, choose Local printer attached to this computer and then click Next.
- When prompted for the location of the printer drivers, browse to the directory of your drivers or point it to the printer CD.
Testing the printer
After the printer is installed, you can use Windows to print a self-test page to help verify the printer is working.
For the Microsoft Windows users-
- Open the Control Panel.
- Double-click the Devices and Printers, Printers, or Printers and Fax icon.
- Right-click on the Printer you want to test and click Properties. If you do not see your printer, your printer is not installed.
- In the Printers Properties window, click the Print Test Page button.
- If the printer can print a test page, your printer is installed and setup properly. However, if you are unable to print in other programs, the program you are attempting to print from has issues.
How to install a Printer with the help of a network.
If you want to get your printer being connected to the secured network then you need to go through certain steps for the working of it-
So the very first thing you need to do is to connect your printer to the network which do varies from printer to printer
- Connect your printer with the network– it depends on the type the printer you have, to connect with the network whichever it is compatible with Most modern printers can connect to your network via Wi-Fi. Some printers may be able to connect via Ethernet cable, though this requires that they be close enough to the router for Ethernet to be viable.
- If your printer is Wi-Fi capable, you can generally connect it to the network using the built-in menu display. Refer to your printer’s documentation or look up the model online for exact instructions.
- Make sure your Wi-Fi printer is close enough to the router to get a solid signal.
Now since your printer is connected with the network so next you need to use your windows in order to install the software on your pc for letting the printer to work.
- Connect to the printer (Windows)- you can use the Windows “Add a Printer” wizard to automatically install the necessary software on your computer to use it.
If you are using OS (win10), skip down to the next step.
- Click the Start menu and select Control Panel. Windows 8 users can press ⊞Winand type “control panel”.
- Select “Devices and Printers” or “View devices and printers”.
- Click Add a printer at the top of the window.
- Select “Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer”.
- Now Select your network printer from the list and click Next.
- Install the necessary drivers if prompted. Windows should be able to find and install the correct drivers for most printers.
- Print to the network printer–Once you’ve added the printer to your operating system, you can print to it just as you would a printer connected directly to your computer. Simply select the printer from the “Print” window of any program.
- Make sure that the printer is turned on and that you are connected to the same network.